San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools has curated this page with digital resources for administrators, educational leaders, teachers, and counselors with the hope of providing support for educational enrichment. Please keep in mind that we do not endorse these products or resources, nor receive any financial remuneration by providing this list and/or video links.
NOTE: The following resources are for educational enrichment and do not consist of a Distance Learning Plan or Model. A Distance Learning Strategy should be approached with caution. If it is applied to an environment where stakeholders are not already pre-conditioned for it, it can cause more harm than good in the short term. Agencies should take into account the below pre-conditions when considering whether to provide instruction through independent study or distance learning.
Recommended pre-conditions that should be in place as a baseline for distance learning success:
- One-to-One take home programs already in place and successful.
- An online Learning Management System (LMS) in place, with students already enrolled and set up.
- Teachers trained to use the LMS, and can manage a cohort of students in the system independently.
- Teachers are trained or certified for the blended learning environment.
- Equity issues are considered: Access to internet and mobile devices for all students is a concern. Students without home internet access cannot go to public spaces (where COVID-19 exposure risk might be increased) just to complete their assignments.